Last updated 20 June 2020
I’m going to start throwing links to resources on this blog post and SHER officers can edit and add as we get more.
stay healthy and wash hands,
Laura Seifert, SHER Officer Emerita
- Museum Savvy’s list of Resources
- Study: Impact of hand sanitizer on collections
- AAM’s Guide to Health in the Workplace
- SPECIAL REPORT: How COVID-19 is Impacting Intentions To Visit Cultural Entities (DATA)
- Local information from the Georgia Department of Health
- new page of resources compiled for collections management and preservation by COSTEP MA (The Massachusetts version of SHER)
- The Collections Stewardship Committee of AAM just released this doc called “Steps for Collections Professionals,” which might be of some help.
- MCN has this “The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning, and Online Collections” which has some great sources as well
- You can find lots of webinars in the C2C Care archive.
- Why Marketing Matters During COVID-19 Closures – Key Factors to Consider (DATA)
- colleendilen.com: A data-informed resource for cultural executives. The link above is a specific from this site, but go to the main website to get her most up-to-date research.
- Collections Care amid COVID by FAIC/AIC
- Heritage Emergency National Task Force’s COVID-19 Resource Hub (HENTF)
- COVID-19 and Disaster Financial Management Guide (FEMA)
- Disaster Financial Management Guide April 2020 (FEMA)
- How to Get Ready to Open the Doors from AAM
- Preparing to re-open from AAM
- Caring for Heritage Collections during the COVID-19 Pandemic Associated CCI Note is here.
- Covid-19 Basics: Disinfecting Cultural Resources (NCPTT)1st of 2 webinars the the National Center for Preservation Technology and Training
- Reopening Archives, Libraries and Museums (REALM) Information Hub: A COVID-19 Research Project (this is a new partnership between IMLS and a research lab that is currently researching and will be releasing information here.)
- Free online course Cultural Institution Crisis Response.
- The Museum and Cultural Heritage Industry Working Group of the American Industrial Hygiene Association’s (AIHA) Reopening: Guidance for Museums and Collecting Institutions.